So Much To See And Do in Pembroke!
Our convenient location provides the freedom to explore all the Ottawa Valley has to offer.
- 5 minutes from Pembroke Heritage Murals – 3rd largest outdoor gallery in Canada depicting the history of the Ottawa Valley and its famous personalities.
- 1.5 km from Champlain Trail Museum.
- 5 km from Downtown Pembroke and Waterfront Marina.
- 15 km from Pembroke Golf Club.
- 15 km from Garrison Petawawa, second largest in Canada with a variety of activities to offer all interests including a military museum.
- 30 km from Bonnechere Caves – featuring fossil hunts.
- 40 km from Pikwakanagan First Nation Indian Reserve in Golden Lake – home of the First Nation Algonquin Indian. Pow Wow every August. Cultural activities provided for groups.
- Farms including dairy, beef, horse, llama, ostrich, wild board, bee, exotic animals, buffalo and maple sugar bushes.
- 30 minutes from The Forte Coulonge Covered Bridge. In 1898, George Bryson built a covered bridge across the Coulonge River to gain access to his timber limits. This is the 2nd oldest, 3rd longest covered bridge in Canada.
- 30 minutes from Petawawa Forestry Station. Offers a variety of outdoor activities.
- 45 minutes from Barron Canyon – a panoramic sweeping view of the Ottawa Valley and Ottawa River from the top of an 800-foot cliff that is accessible by 4 wheel drive or a 30 minute uphill walk. A sight that will never be forgotten! Fishing with boat rental, license required.
- 140 km to world famous Algonquin Provincial Park, with a multi million dollar visitors’ information centre, logging museum, and interpretive trails & wolf howls. Wildlife, flora and fauna is incredible.
- Opeongo Driving Tour – some of Canada’s earliest settlement roads with incredible views and many places of interest. Brilliant foliage every fall. Approximate 2-3 hours of touring.
- Pure Life Adventures, winter and summer packages, including dog sledding available.
- 50 km from Les Chute Colounge (La Chute Falls) – breathtaking beautiful waterfall in a remote, natural setting. See the remains of the historic river log driving days. Film and guides.
- Rural Ramble – a free self-guided driving tour featuring three weekends of exploration, agriculture, culture and history.
- Artisan Tours – every Spring and Fall.
- Nationally known Step dancing/fiddling contest – every Labour Day weekend (1st Sept. weekend).
- Silver Stick Hockey Tournaments (November/December).
- 0.5 km from KI Kruger International
- 1 km from Pembroke Regional Hospital.
- 15 km from Garrison Petawawa Military Base
- 49 km from Canadian Nuclear Laboratories (CNL)
- 35 kilometres from Whitewater rafting. Some of the most challenging rapids in the world
- Esprit Rafting Adventures
- River Run Rafting and Wilderness Resort
- Owl Rafting
- Wilderness Tours
- Madawaska Rafting
- Ottawa Adventures
Located right on OFSC trails, you can sled right from the BEST WESTERN Pembroke Inn.
- We are on Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs trails. OFSC maintains and grooms 49,000km of trails.
- For District 6 SCSA snowmobiling trail information, Snow Country Snowmobile Association
- For more specific Pembroke snowmobiling trail information, contact the Timberline Snowmobile Club
We have a selection of hundreds of brochures and information on attractions and local areas in our front lobby. Our staff is also able to answer many of the questions you might have.
Contact Snow Country for more information: http://www.snowcountryscsa.ca/
Should you require additional information please checkout the OVTA website.
More area attractions and things to do in Pembroke.
For more information on Best Western International visit the following websites: